The school was founded in 1842 and is on a safe slip road just off the A46 in the centre of Ashchurch itself and very near to St Nicholas church which lies on the opposite side of the main road but set back a distance.
The original school building is still in use today. As the school has grown two additional mobile classrooms were added to accommodate children in the 1960s and In 2004 a building project took place which saw the extension of the old building to include two further classrooms, a cloakroom, toilet block and group working space. Ashchurch playgroup also shares the school site.
Plaque under the eaves showing the date of the school's founding.